The Faculty of Vietnamese Studies offers a Bachelor of Vietnamese Studies. The objectives of this program are:
- To provide a program for foreign students who want to study at an advanced level in the Vietnamese language, teach Vietnamese, interprete, translate, work in diplomatic, tourist, business, cultural and social organizations and companies in Vietnam or in association with Vietnam.
- To improve the student’s knowledge of Vietnamese Culture, History, Geography etc.
- To provide an undergraduate study program for foreign students who need to apply to universities in Vietnam for admission to a graduate study program at the Master’s or Doctoral level.
PRE - REQUISITES
All foreign students quality for admission to this program if they meet the following criteria:
- Certification of High School Graduation
- Satisfactory performance on the University’s Vietnamese language evaluation test.
In order to prepare for the Vietnamese language evaluation test, students may attend the pre-university class in our University. To enroll in the pre-university class
students must be placed at the Elementary Level or must have completed at least 250 periods of Vietnamese instruction. This class is offered from the beginning of February till the end of June, 4 periods per day, 5 days per week. The pre-university program is focused on improving Vietnamese language skills with emphases on writing, reading comprehension, listening comprehension, and Vietnamese grammar. This program also helps to familiarize students with methods of how to pursue studies in social science disciplines, and to provide guidance in analyzing, reporting, summarizing and grasping fundamental information in Vietnamese.
Upon satisfactory performance on the Vietnamese language evaluation test, the student may enroll in any Faculty of our University:
- Completed application form.
- Certified copy of transcript of records, copy of high school diploma.
- Copies of passport and visa. For those who do not have a Vietnamese student visa, the applicant must coplete a visa application and pay US$50 for the visa fee. Regarding visa, see the Enrollment form.
- Application fee: US$20
- Two recent photos 3cm´4cm.
The applicant must submit all of the documents requested by the May 31 deadline.
Upon completion of the designated number of credits, the student is required to take a graduation examination. The successful student will receive a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Vietnamese Studies.
Any student holding a B.A degree may apply for admission to a graduate study program.